Giving children and youth chances by providing them with lifelong mentoring is the mission of Simple Times Farm. Our summer camp introduces them to truth, character, skills, and relationships that will last for a lifetime and our year round programs ensure that youth are able to stay in contact and continue to grow in the principles they are learning.
While some families are able to invest the finances necessary to cover some of the expenses for their children, many are not. At STF, we have a special burden for urban and rural children who may never get a chance for lack of mere money. Around 1/3 to 1/4 of the children and youth we serve receive merit-based scholarships enabling them to access one year of mentoring through the farm. This number varies based on how much our partners (you) invest in our scholarship funds, help with capital costs, and provide monthly support for the camps, programs, and clubs run through the farm.
You can partner with us in the following ways:
1) Sponsor a child (or two - three for that matter). $75 per month for one year provides one deserving child with a summer camp experience and a monthly mentoring opportunity at the farm for the entire year. This allows us to develop a significant relationship with lasting fruit with both the child and their family. We also have programs designed for a more intensive once a week mentoring opportunity for those that are serious about change!
2) Start a Kicked-In Scholarship Fund through your organization. Kicked-In provides in-school mentors at local schools and establishes merit based scholarships to farm programs for youth who participate via their school. Mentoring focuses on helping children develop the discipline and character needed to succeed in completing their education. Mentors are trained through STF's Apprenticeship Program.
3) Invest in a capital project on the farm to help us achieve debt-free and sustainable operations. As a service organization, we want to serve for a lifetime. You can help us establish a legacy that will last.
4) Participate as a monthly supporter. Additional monthly income is needed to bring sustainability to the farm and enable our staff to serve without distraction. Check out our staff bios and consider aiding in their monthly support.
5) Volunteer in building and maintenance. There is plenty of work to go round on the farm!
6) Purchase food through the Farm Cooperative, take riding lessons, board a horse . . . The profit we recieve from farm services are channeled right back into our mission. The farm is a registered 501 (c) 3 organization putting its mission first.
7) Invite our farm staff to speak at your church or organization. Our presentations are humorous and use farm life to teach on topics like marriage, family, business, education, and faith. Along the way, people learn about the mission of STF and have the opportunity to partner with us.
Call Ethan @ 810.874.6463 or Nathanael @ 810.874.6543 to inquire further about these opportunities. We love to do things the old fashioned farm way and speak directly with our partners!